Our Crew

Our Crew

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Yahhhh Parker!

Hello Everyone!

So this is a quick update with no pictures. :( Sorry! I just had to let you all know that Parker is doing so many new and fun things. He is "talking" allllll the time. I will be on the computer and he will be playing with his toys just a jabbering. It is so cute. He now jabbers to me like we are in some sort of conversation. Ha ha! He has learned how to clap and he knows that when he claps that means "Yah Parker!". He claps A LOT! And he smiles so big when he is doing it. He crawls everywhere and can stand on his own, but chooses not to. He now knows how to open my kitchen cabinets. I am hardly ever in the kitchen by myself for very long. The minute he realizes I am in there he crawls in there and starts playing. And he definitely knows that it is eating time when I am in there(even if it is not, he thinks it is). He loves, loves, loves his fridge farm that he got for Christmas from his Aunt Ashley and Uncle Jeremy. I would highly recommend this to any of you who have crawlers or even walkers. He doesn't really use it the way it is meant to be used. He tries, but he can't quite get the animal in the farm so instead he chooses to slide every magnet to the ground and make LOUD noises with them on my kitchen floor. So loud that my mom is always wondering what in the world that noise is when she is on the phone with me. He loves it when Derek bounces him around on his shoulders or just bounces him. And he laughs especially hard when he can see me while Derek is bouncing him around. He laughs all the time now. I am now weening Parker from nursing. I started last week. Almost exactly four weeks until his first birthday. We have eliminated the afternoon feeding and he now takes milk in a sippy cup. He is not a huge fan, but we are trying it every day, several times a day. I think that by the end of this whole weening process he will like milk(I am hoping). Next week we will eliminate the late morning feeding, then the night feeding, then the morning feeding the week of his birthday. Poor little guy, the week of his birthday I am taking away something so wonderful and special. But, he is growing up. That is about all. I am not sure when we are going to take him to his one year appointment, but I will let you know his info. when we do. We haven't found a pediatrician here yet. Hope you enjoyed the long update. He is soooooo fun right now!! Maybe he will be walking soon. I am not worried about that though. :)

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Aubrey decided to wait until she was 15 months before she started walking. I thought the day would never come and then when she started walking she RAN! Now it is non-stop. Some days I wish we could go back to sitting her in one place and when I come back she is still there. I guess I will have to have another one to experience that....