Our Crew

Our Crew

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our newest addition

Hello! I haven't blogged in a LONG time! Well...Parker and I have been in B'ham, AL for a week and we just got back on Wednesday. My parents flew back with us...so we have been busy doing family stuff since we returned. Birmingham was great! I ate TONS of food because all of my favorite resturants are there and trust me I realized how much I ate after I went for my first doctors appointment on Thursday. Boo!! Anyways, I was able to hang out with all my good friends in Birmingham and Parker was so spoiled by Mama Don and Papa. It was so much fun!!!
Yup...I went to a new doctor for the first time since I had Parker. SCARY! Really, as ridiculous as that sounds it really was kind of frightening. Tim Stone is who delivered Parker and he was great. Plus, my parents have known him for forever and my brother is good friends with him. Which makes it a little easier knowing that someone you trust is delivering your baby. But, coming here...knowing no one at first makes it a little scary finding a new doctor. I really wanted to use a male doctor and here in Austin there a lot of females and not many males. To make a long story short(ha) I was referred to the #1 OBGYN in Austin(literally). He has 7 male OB's in his practice and his office is at the hospital. He is so busy that my first visit I had to see a nurse practitioner. I wasn't fond of the idea but she was great!!! Plus, she informed me that Dr. Seeker(my doctor) LOVES sonograms so I get one at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 24 weeks, and 36 weeks! WOO HOO! PLUS the best part of it all is that I get to find out if this little person inside me is a boy or girl at 16 weeks!!! That is HUGE! I for sure thought it would be later than that. I am really excited and truly feel like God placed me with Dr. Seeker and his staff. I have really smooth pregnancies...but still I want someone great just because it is my baby.
So, I AM pregnant. Ha! And the baby looks wonderful and healthy. His/Her heartbeat is beating really strong. He/She wiggled while I was watching the sonogram. So sweet! I have to go back in two weeks for something that doesn't affect the baby at all...but Dr. Seeker wants to check me. Yay! God is soo good! Here is my scan of my sonogram. It is tiny and I don't know how to make it big. This is the first time I used my scanner. I will figure it out later.

2 comments:

ohAmanda said...

How exciting! I know how you feel about finding a new doctor. I'm not in love w/my doc here. And I SO miss Lydia's doctor in Bham!

Glad to see your baby!

Sarah Beth said...

Congratulations on the little one. When I saw you at the game I thought I heard you say something about being preggers again. That is so exciting. Oh and check out my blog all about TV when you get a minute. :) www.happywatching.blogspot.com