Our Crew

Our Crew

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

First

So, today, I had a first. As you all know, we are potty training Parker. The last couple of days he has had a major turn around! He has started telling me "I wanna go tee tee"! Yayyyy!! Not every time because I take him a lot(just in case). AND he has started going tee tee ALMOST every time I take him. And when he doesn't have to go, he says "I don't wanna tee tee". And FINALLY I can trust that he really doesn't have to go. It is so great to be able to bring him places in underwear and know that #1 he can hold it and #2 he will go tee tee when I take him, most likely! Anyways, with all this potty talk, here is the first I had today. We were at Lowes buying flowers. AND Parker told me he had to go tee tee. So, I waited for a minute...then decided to take him to the potty that I carry in my car. Yup! That is right, I sat him right on that potty in the back of my car at Lowes. And, honestly it felt good! It felt good that I had that option, it felt good that he actually went tee tee, and it just felt good that I feel like I am slowly getting past this transition for Parker. And that I won't be here again for a little while with Micah. Disclaimer: Parker is not going poo poo in the potty quite yet(wanted to get the other under my belt first) AND he wears a diaper at night(not naptime). Within the next few weeks we will start putting him in underwear at night.
That's all folks. Potty talk and all!

No comments: