Our Crew

Our Crew

Friday, February 1, 2008

"Bye Bye", "Mama", and "DaDa"

My son has started doing tricks!! His FIRST trick is waving bye bye or hello. He officially started waving yesterday. It is the cutest thing ever!! He has been waving his hand for the last few days. BUT yesterday he actually started waving back to us when we would wave to him. Even last night we went to dinner and he waved to the lady in the booth next to us. He is so proud of himself and we are too!!
Parker has also started saying "Mama" and "Dada". He has been saying those words for a while now BUT he has just started connecting the words with what they mean. Mostly he says "Mamamamamama" when he is fussing and wants me. He will crawl all over the house saying "Mamamamamamama" until he finds me. And he says "Dadadadada" ALL the time. Whether Derek is there or not. All day!! But he knows who his "Dada" is. Hopefully I can put some video footage of him waving on here. Everytime I try to do a video it messes up and then I quit trying. So we will see.
Parker is also pulling up on things. He has let go one time that I saw him and stood by himself. He also pulls up on furniture and then goes from one place to another while standing. He has officially started getting into things he shouldn't and throwing his sippy cup onto the floor during meals/snacks. We have had to put some disciplining into action(a different tone of voice saying "no no", etc.). But although I am having to stay on him about not pulling on cords plugged in, playing in the trash can, and throwing his sippy cup I am still having the time of my life! Derek and I think that Parker is the best thing that ever happened to us. We love him more than anyone could imagine. God is so good to us for blessing us with him and trusting us to take care of him. We thank Him every night for this gift. That's all for now. He doesn't have another doctor's appointment until he turns 1!! I can't believe he will be one in three months!! CRAZY!

No comments: