Our Crew

Our Crew

Friday, November 14, 2008

Our New House

Drum roll please...Derek and I just got a house! Can I please tell you that a month ago I was hopeless on buying a home. But, after God changed mine and Derek's heart and gave us peace about buying we began our search all over again. This time, we were in complete agreement that we just didn't feel peace about renting but we felt a crazy amount of peace to buy. Although we had NO idea how that would happen on many spectrums we just couldn't shake the feeling God was giving us in our hearts. My real estate agent takes me to a house that I requested to go see and I just didn't love it...or even like enough to buy. Maybe to rent...but not to buy. She then takes me to a few more in the neighborhood that were quite a bit out of our price range. I told her ahead of time that I didn't know if I wanted to see them because I knew I would love them(of course they were like $20,000-$40,000 over our price range). So, long story short, one of the houses she showed us happened to be a foreclosure!!! I got so excited knowing that foreclosure's you could make a much lower offer and get them. But, we had to be patient. Thank goodness we were because by the time God opened the door for us to make an offer they dropped the price by $20,000!!!! God is so faithful! He really is!! This house has four bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 baths. It is a two story. It has a fenced in backyard(PTL!!!) and a 2 car garage. I cannot wait to get in there and paint and make it my own. It is clean and has been freshly painted one color. It has a big, open kitchen with an island and bay window for my kitchen table. And a dining room. It is PERFECT!!! Especially for our family. We are closing Dec. 15th so we will be in before Christmas. Yay! Although I will be almost 9 months pregnant and feeling the need to paint this house and have it perfect I don't care. I am just so thankful to God that He got us this house. So, here is the picture of the front and when we paint and move in I will post pictures of the inside. Derek cannot wait to get the mortgage part over with because it is a pain. But it will be here before you know it!

6 comments:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

Yay Lindsey! It looks beautiful! Congratulations!!!!!

KelleyGreen said...

What a blessing! I am so excited for you guys!!! Where is it?

Meagan said...

Yaay!!!!!!!!!!! I love it, and I am so happy for you and Derek (Parker and Micah too!)

Stephen and Kelly said...

WooHoo! It's so funny how similar our stories are...I was 8 months pregnant when we found our foreclosed home, and we got a great deal too (although I have to be honest and tell you that I'm totally coveting that fenced in backyard!!!) I know you'll have it looking beautiful in no time. Congrats!

Jules said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful. I'm so happy for you all. Hope you're doing well.

The Quesenberry Family said...

YAY! I'm so excited for y'all!! It's beautiful!! Congrats!