Our Crew

Our Crew

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Austin is a FUN place to live!

I have decided that Austin is a really fun place to live. It has taken me some time to get used to living here because I loved Birmingham so much. But, lately I have really enjoyed it. Yesterday, me, my sister and my sister-in-law all met at Zilker park in downtown Austin with all of our kiddos. Kimberly and I had never been there and my sister had been telling us how much fun it was. She was right! There is a big playground with swings and all kinds of fun stuff on it. Then next to it there is a place where you can order food and eat outside next to Barton Springs. Barton Springs is an area where you can pay to swim in all year round. It is a natural spring but it has a diving board and lifeguards. It is 60 degrees all year round. We brought our lunches and sat next to the water. Then there is a train ride. It cost $2.75 per adult and $1.75 for kids 1-12. It is an awesome train ride! It last 25 minutes and it goes all over the park alongside the river. You go under a bridge, through a tunnel, and through the playground. It even "choo, choos"! The kids loved it! THEN after that we were so hot...so we dipped into the river. Ha ha! Well, the kids dipped, I actually fell into the river. Yup, I had a dress on and I was soaking wet!! Anyways, with that said there are also several swimming holes here and waterfalls. I love it here!! I really do! I love B'ham too, but I can love two places right??

Sam, Blake, and Jax on the train.

Me, Parker, Blake and Sam in the river(before I fell)

Parker was pooped at the end of the day.

View from the train ride.

Me and Parker on the train ride.

Ashley, Gray, Lawson, and Kimberly

Kimberly and Lawson

Me, Parker, Ash and Gray

1 comment:

JJ said...

I've heard if you live in Texas then Austin is the best! And maybe the most like Birmingham. I am so glad you are enjoying it and I really hope Free Chapel reaches out to the people in Austin! What a fun time in your lives and Happy Birthday to Parker!