Our Crew

Our Crew

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Free Chapel Preview Service

This past Sunday, April 20th, we had our first preview service for Free Chapel(brother-in-law's church plant here in Austin). We are going to have one preview service a month until we launch in September. It went really well. Derek got at Jeremy and Ashley's house at 6:30 to load the SquareCow Mooving truck with all the stuff for the church(sound system, nursery stuff, children's stuff, EVERYTHING). I got to the movie theater(where we are having our services)at 7:00 am and started setting up everything. I am over children's church and nursery. We are doing Kidmo curriculum so I don't really have to teach. But I do the praise and worship, games, small groups, etc. We had 52 people at the service which is more than we were reaching for. We wanted 40 at the least. Praise God!! We passed out water bottles and cokes at the Hill Country Galleria(where the movie theater is located) the day before. Half of the water bottles had Free Chapel's website on them and we also passed out cards that advertised Free Chapel's service times. I, of course, as white as I am got fried!! I am still hurting. But it was worth it. So, here are some pictures of the children's church area. It is in a movie theater.




1 comment:

ohAmanda said...

So glad it went well! Six kids! That's a big deal! I know you did great. Call me if you need anything for the next svc.