Our Crew

Our Crew

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Praise you Lord!

I am so serious about that title! I will have to say that weaning Parker has been the toughest thing we have done since he has been born. I know, I know, that is such a blessing that this of all things is the hardest. But, I prayed, I prayed, and I prayed for wisdom and guidance and for peace for Parker during this time. We are down to nursing once a day(morning) and everything is going great. I have my sweet child back and I am so happy about that. We decided to switch Parker to soy milk instead of whole milk. Derek and I kind of wondered if whole milk was bothering his belly, plus he wasn't drinking it at all. And he was a different child when we gave him whole milk. So, we made an executive decision and everything is much much better! Parker drinks about 2-3 sippy cups of soy milk a day. The bad side of soy is all the bad diapers. But, I am trying to feed him other things during the day that can help his body adjust. I just dropped the evening feeding two days ago so we have 5 more days until I drop the morning feeding and that is it. We are done! I am not happy about stopping nursing, but like I said before I know it is best for Parker. And honestly, with what I just went through I think it would be soooo much harder if he was older. I just wanted to update everyone to let them know how wonderful everything is going. Make sure you look at my new pictures below!

No comments: